Follow these steps to add an additonal replica to your availablity group
Add node to failover cluster
First need to add the additonal node to the failover cluster.
- Launch 'failover cluster manager' from the primary node. and select 'Add Node'
- Enter the name of the additional node
- Continue to hit 'next' and verify successful add
- If the additional node is in another subnet the cluster will need an IP in that new subnet so continue on. If the node is in the existing subnet skip to the "Add Replica to Availability Group" section.
- Go to properties of the cluster name under the 'Cluster Core Resources' section
- Select 'Add'
- Enter the IP in the new subnet
- Hit OK twice and agree to warning
Add Additonal Subnet IP to AG Listener
The IP from the new subnet must exist on the listener before adding to the AG
- From SQL studio right click on the 'Availability Group Listener'
- Select 'Add'
- Enter a unique IP in the new subnet of the node
- Ht OK
Add Replica to Availability Group
Now that the listener is configured and server member of the cluster it can be added to the AG
- From SQL studio right click on the Availability Group and select properties
- Connect to the secondary replicas with service account and hit next
- Select 'Add Replica'
- Enter in new replica server name and hit connect
- Select Synchronous
- Enter in the network share used earlier in the process
- Verify 'validation' process is successful
- Continue with any prompts
- Replica should now appear 'Green'
- << Prev