Page 2 of 5
- Let's start with installing the necessary features on each of the Windows 2016 servers
- Repeat this process on each server node
- Log on to the first node with domain admin or an account that has access to create computer objects
- From server manager launch the newly installed 'Failover Cluster Manager'
- Select 'Create Cluster'
- The wizard will now run
- Enter the names of the nodes that you would like to participate. In the screenshot only two nodes are added but feel free to add the third. (I go over adding additional nodes in a later section)
- Run through the validation tests
- Enter an IP address that the cluster will use for each subnet. And choose a name for the cluster (this will create a computer object).
- Continue to hit next and verify there are no errors.
Create Cloud Witness
- From 'Failover Cluster manager' launch 'Configure Cluster Quorum Settings...'
- The configuration wizard will start
- 'Select the quorum witness'
- Configure a cloud witness
- Enter in the Azure account name and API key
- Select next to finish the wizard
- Cluster is now configured! You should see a new container within Azure.